Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin



My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin
(Book #2 - The Beaumont Forever)
 
Book Synopsis:  I expected a life of music.

I expected to raise my son.

It took one look to make everything change.

I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.

I never expected to feel desire.

I never expected I’d be a family man.

I never expected to be loved.

I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.
______________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  5 stars!!!!

Okay, I'm just going to be honest here, I was a little confused during this book.  I mean, it's not hard to follow, but I just didn't know what to expect.  First, the synopsis (above) didn't give you anything to go on.  I went into this book just a little confused.

However, despite my confusion (which might coincide with my blond hair, hehe), it was a great book.  As it turns out, this book is about Harrison (a member of Liam's band) and Katelyn (Josie's best friend).  In the first book, Harrison is invited to Liam and Josie's house for Thanksgiving and Harrison brings his son, Quinn.  He meets Katelyn on that Thanksgiving holiday. 

Katelyn is not in a position to love anyone at the moment.  She just lost her husband, the man she fell in love with in high school, went to the college with and married and then had twins with.  He was her everything.  How do you let someone like that go?  How do you move on and love another?  This is what Katelyn deals with all the while getting to know Harrison.  Katelyn takes a job with the band and is around Harrison more and more.  They become friends. 

Can they move past the friends stage in their relationship?  Can Katelyn let go of the grief of losing her husband?

OMG!!  This is a good book.  It has sad moments and brought tears to my eyes several times.  But, who doesn't love a tear jerker?!?!

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment