Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Everything by Heidi McLaughlin


My Everything by Heidi McLaughlin
(Book #1.5 - The Beaumont Series)
 
Book Synopsis:  When Nick Ashford lost his friend, Mason, he didn’t realize he was going to lose his family as well, but that’s exactly what happened. Alone and in a foreign country, Nick is working on rebuilding his life one patient at a time, that is, until a striking volunteer makes her presence known.

Can Nick finish his year in Africa without risking his heart being broken again, or is he willing to start a new chapter in his life before his return to Beaumont?
_____________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  5 stars!!!

This book is a short novella about Nick, who appeared in the first book with Josie. 

I liked Nick initially in the first book.  He was the doctor who was taking care of Josie and a child who wasn't his.  He was the all-American guy who loved Josie beyond belief.  When Liam returned into the picture and wanted to stay around and be with his son, Nick went a little crazy.  I was starting to not like him.  Then after he told Josie that they, Josie and her son, were moving to Africa to be a part of "Doctors Without Borders," I was furious with him.  How could he make a decision like that and not ask Josie.  I think he knew in his heart that she would tell him no and that was an easy out for him and he could blame her and not himself.

I was reluctant to read Nick's book, because quite frankly, I was pissed at him.  But, I knew it was a short book and decided to go ahead and read it. 

Awe, and Nick changed my mind about him.  He turned out to be a sweet, caring, loving guy.  I feel in love with him a little bit during this book.  You found out who Nick really was in this book.  And you realized that the relationship he had with Josie, was just not meant to be.  He is a completely different person in this book, and you will love him.

Read this short novella, it was definitely worth it.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment