Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin


Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
(Book #1 - The Beaumont Series)
 
Book Synopsis:  I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.
 
I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.
 
After ten years. 
I hope I can explain that after all this time.
I still want her to be my forever girl.
____________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  5 stars!!!!
 
This was a re-read of this book.  I read this book earlier.  But since I have read some many books since, I couldn't remember the story or the characters.  So, I figured I would just read it again.  I was not disappointed at all the second time.  I vaguely remembered the story and characters, but it gave me chance to fall in love with the book again.  Wish of course, I did.
 
I love the style of writing by Heidi McLaughlin.  She has a way with words that just draws you in and you feel what the characters are feeling and you can relate to the characters in the book.
 
This story is about Josie and Liam.  Liam was a high school football star.  He was destined to do great things in football.  He loved the lead cheerleader and they were to live the happily ever after.  But, he left.  He left to pursue music.  He wanted to be a rock star.  The only problem with that . . . he left Josie with a secret.
 
Josie thought she had the fairytale.  She fell in love with the quarterback of the high school football team.  She was going to college with her best friend, things were perfect.  Until Liam left, with no explanation.  He left before she had a chance to tell him the secret she was carrying around.  He didn't care enough to stay.  She was devastated.  She moved on as best she could. 
 
Liam returns home after 10 years under less than ideal circumstances.  He uncovers the secret Josie kept him from.  Does the secret change his life?  Does Josie forgive him for leaving her?
 
I loved this book.  I loved it just as much as the first time.  Go read this book!  You will not be disappointed.  I promise.
 
Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment