Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Girl With Guitar by Caisey Quinn


Girl With Guitar by Caisey Quinn
(Book #1)
 
Book Synopsis:  After Kylie’s dad dies in a freak accident, he leaves her with nothing other than her crazy step-mother, Darla, and the ability to play guitar. When Darla kicks Kylie out and she loses her job all in the same day, she hops a bus to Nashville determined to make her late father’s dreams come true. Waitressing and saving her pennies to record a demo, her big break comes when she’s asked to join a tour going down the tubes with once platinum album-selling country music superstar Trace Corbin. But touring with Trace is hardly a dream come true since he’s pretty much drinking his career down the drain. If Kylie can’t pull Trace out of his rut, he’ll pull her and her dreams down with him.
__________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  4 stars!!
 
I really liked this book.  I thought it was well written and I live in Nashville, who doesn't like a book about the town you live in!!  I bought this book because of the reviews and it was $0.99!!  I love books under a $1.
 
I liked Kylie right away.  She's a little feisty.  She moves to Nashville with little to no money to pursue her dream.  Right away she meets Trace and puts him in his place (which I loved about her).  She has comebacks for everything and does not let people (especially Trace) run all over her!!

Trace is a drinking, hates live, loves music, kind of guy.  He doesn't like being on the road.  He drinks way too much and flakes out on performing, etc.  He's a bad boy who seems to have some problems committing, to well, anything really.  He can't commit to his job.  He can't commit to girls.  He's just a mess.  And Kylie is having none of it!! 

She pretty much tells him where he can stick it.  She thinks he is taking advantage of the talent he was given and shows him he can be better.  I loved Kylie!!

I couldn't wait to finish this book and read the second book.  I read, in fact, both books in one weekend!!

This was a great read.  I loved the story, it was a little different storyline.  But great writing (my first book by Caisey Quinn, in fact).  I would definitely recommend this book.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment