Monday, September 23, 2013

Collide by Gail McHugh


Collide by Gail McHugh
(Book #1)

Book Synopsis:  A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over.

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.
___________________________________________________________________

My review:  5 stars!!!

This book sucked me right in.  OMG!!!  I loved it.

Emily moved to New York to be with her boyfriend, Dillon.  She just lost her mother, even though their relationship was strained, she was still her mother and her death left a void in her life.  Just for the record, I disliked Dillon from the very second.  You soon find out that he is cheating on Emily although she doesn't know it.  He is the worst kind of man and I wished Emily would catch him.  I really wished she would punch him out and drop his ass.  But I digress.  That doesn't happen.

Upon moving to New York with Dillon, and while waiting on a teaching job, Emily gets a job at a restaurant.  Delivering food to a local building, she runs into Gavin.  She just so happens to be delivering food to him.  Coincidence . . . I think not.  

Emily feels a pull to him instantly.  As does Gavin.  

Needless to say, the road to happiness is a very long road.  It has many twists and turns and many road bumps and maybe even a few potholes.  I'm not saying it was easy.  I laughed, and cried and actually yelled at the Kindle.  I was so very mad at Emily, I was even mad at Gavin.

I had already purchased the second book, and I immediately got into it.  I couldn't wait to find out the rest of the story!!

Go out and read this book!!  It's so worth it.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment