Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The ins and outs of Amazon Kindle book buying!

Okay.  So, here is what I have learned in the last three years of buying books for my Kindle.

There are lots of steps and I am obsessed with book buying.  So, if you don't want the hassle of searching and scouring Amazon for books, just follow my blog and I will keep you up-to-date with all the latest books I've read and take the guessing out of it.  LOL!!!

I log on to Amazon Kindle everyday.  The reason for this is because Amazon has a long genre list of Kindle books.  In each list, there are Top 100 Books (usually in line with New York Times Bestsellers) and Top 100 Free Books.  I tend to run through both lists.  The books I find I might want to read, I put in my Wish List (usually the books from the Top 100 list) and with the Top 100 Free Books list, I purchase any and all of the books I think I might ever read.  If the book is free, get it while you can, because usually the books are only "on sale" for a short time, and you should scoop it up while it's free.  If you don't want it on your Kindle, you can always delete it from your device, but leave it on the Cloud, because you can always download the book again later.  It never really disappears, unless you delete it from the Manage Your Kindle section of Amazon.

Also, once I have put the books I might read in the Wish List, I check that everyday. Amazon tracks the books for me, and if that book goes on sale, it will tell you.  It will be in red letters, and begins by telling you the percentage discount, then the new price.  I get a lot of books on sale that way too.  Sometimes the books will go on sale for one day only, and it's good to get it while you can.

I rarely pay more than $3.99 for a book.  In fact, I don't usually buy those books right away.  I will keep them in my Wish List and "monitor" it for sale prices.  Most of the time, the book will go on sale at some point, and I purchase and download it then.

I watch for pre-order books.  Amazon won't charge your credit card and/or gift card until that book is released.  So, I download the pre-order books as soon as I can.  It will be saved in your Manage Your Kindle account until the books is released by Amazon.  Then your card will be charged automatically and the book will download.

I keep on eye out for authors I already know and like.

I browse through my suggested reading at least once a day, and place books I might be interested in reading in my Wish List (you can always delete it later).  I read a lot of synopsis for books.  I usually just choose books at random, but I seem to have a hang of choosing books that are well worth reading.  I had no idea there were so many indie writers out there, and I have stumbled on lots of authors I would not have found, unless I had taken a chance on them.  Now, I have many authors I follow (on Goodreads and on their blogs).

Well, I think that's all I have for you right now.  I hope my lesson in Kindle book buying has been helpful. Any suggestions?  Any other tips you have found to help in selecting Kindle books?

Stay tuned for the first book review tomorrow.  I hope everyone enjoys reading the blog and the book as much as I did.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment