Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Living, Loving, Reading and Writing . . .

 

I'M BACK (and better than ever) with a new idea. So, here goes nothing . . .

Okay.  So, it's been a while since I have posted anything.  It seems life tends to get away from you before you know it.  Whew!!  What else can I say. 

So, I have decided, I would like to try something new.  And by new, I really just mean combining two things I love, reading and writing.  I have a Kindle.  I received it as a Mother's Day gift about three years ago.  And of all the gifts I have ever received, I think this is my favorite.  I love reading, I've always loved reading.  It's something I take pretty seriously, and having a Kindle with access to as many books as you can imagine, is just unbelievable to me.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love the other gifts, I don't want to minimize my love for all gifts!!!  I just love having a book in my hand. 
 
My love for writing is something else entirely.  I loved writing papers in school and I loved writing articles for various school newspapers and such.  However, I was afraid of taking the "fun" out of writing by making the world of journalism a career.  So, I decided to stick with what I knew, and that was law.  But, just because I didn't pick a career in writing or journalism, doesn't mean I can't still write and enjoy it.  So, I have decided to combine those two loves.  I will start blogging about the books I am reading.  I tend to lean towards reading approximately 5 books a week.  I usually give recommendations to friends and family regarding which books to read and which books to avoid, and I feel that my talent in choosing books is good and getting better.  I know which authors I love and who I tend to follow.

I would like everyone who likes to read or knows someone who likes to read, follow me.  I will led you through a journey of books and hopefully you will love the books I love.

I am on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/melissa.russell.965), and on Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/Mel_2011).  I update Goodreads every day.  And I track books that I want to read and when release dates are expected.  I pre-order books when I can and I generally keep everyone (friends and family) updated on when to expect certain books, etc.  It's become my obsession, I think.  I love reading series books and it's like a scavenger hunt to find the next books in the series. 

Reading to me is a journey.  It's a temporary escape into another time and place.  If you can leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life and just enjoy the story of another, you and I are meant to be, follow me and my journey.  I will guide you and take the guessing out of reading.  I will tell you which books to read and in which order to read them.  No thinking or researching involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment