Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jet by Jay Crownover



Okay.  So, for those of you following my blog, just a word of advice, this is my first one!!  Haha. 
 
So, I love, love, love Jay Crownover and her books.  This book, Jet (Amazon link to Jet), is actually the second book in the Marked Men series.  The first book, Rule (Amazon link to Rule), I read, but didn't review, but I can, if need be.  The books don't actually have to be read in order, although it would be easier to follow and understand if you did actually read them in order.
 
So, here goes . . . I started reading this book and got a little confused.  I actually had to go back and read Rule again, because I hadn't read Rule in a while and had forgotten who the characters were.  So, I went back.  I eventually caught up with Jet and realized I didn't actually have to go back, but nonetheless, I'm glad I did, because the books are worth a re-read!!
 
Official Book Synopsis - With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl's rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn't want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet's dark, haunted eyes. She's afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.  Jet can't resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he's tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.  Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?
 
My review:  5 stars!!!
 
I loved this book.  Honest to goodness.  It was so good, I stayed up late and just couldn't put the book down long enough to work, sleep, eat, etc.  It starts off where Ayden and Jet are friends, they fight, they pick at each other and generally have a good time, while fighting the feelings they have toward each other.  I won't get in to what actually happens in the book and how it ends, but let's just say that every relationship has its ups and downs and this relationship (or non-relationship) is no different. 
 
Jet is a rock-and-roller and Ayden is a Southern Belle both with skeletons and crazy families to boot.  Ayden and Jet both go on a journey through their past in order to have a future.  Which is no different then our everyday lives.  You can't love someone fully until you know and understand that person and their past.  And in order to love someone you have to know their past and sometimes love them in spite of it.
 
It's all about balance and understanding, and Jay Crownover hit this one out of the park.  This book takes you through the emotional journey of living and loving entirely and completely.

As you read her books, you connect with the characters on a level only an avid reader can relate.  I am glad to announce that the next book in the series, Rome, will be coming out soon.  And I, for one, cannot wait until then.  I feel in love with Rome, a solider, who appeared in both previous books for different reasons.  Ms. Crownover, you rock!!  I cannot wait until your next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment