Friday, October 25, 2013

Punished into Submission by Holly Carter


Punished Into Submission by Holly Carter
(Master & Mistress #1)
 
Book Synopsis:  “Growing up with a drug dealer and a whore was never easy. I saw things that a child should never see. I felt things as a teenager that one should never feel and there are things that I heard that one should never hear. I was grateful when Sailor saved my life.”
 
Kat was determined to get away and become someone else after her tragic childhood. Become someone people would fear. Become invincible. Incredible. Painful. Harmful. Playful. Dangerous ......

When Kat breaks the law in her adopted club, she is sent to trial where the jury demands obedience, training, and a punishment she will never forget. They force her to become a submissive to none other than Hunter Ford, Master of Masters and Mistresses Palace, the most notorious BDSM club in the city.
 
Hunter is wanted by all and feared by many. He’s dark, dangerous, and sexy as sin. He’s the master. When he is handed a Switch to play with and teach, he thinks life couldn’t get much easier. How wrong he was. His life was about to get explosive.
 
Hunter has thirty days to make Kat obey him, respect him, want him, and kneel to him. Hunter’s methods are savage, sexy, and mind blowing. The feelings between this Dom and sub are never meant to be anything more than pleasure and pain. But when you mix pleasure, lies, and an earth shattering need there are arousing yet devastating consequences.

Will Hunter let his guard down? Can the Master be mastered? Or, will Kat give up control after her moment of clarity? Can Hunter succeed and punish her into submission?
___________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  5 stars!!!

Okay.  So, I found this book on Goodreads a while ago.  And we kept pushing the book, further and further back.  I think the author had some things going on and fell a little behind.  I am not faulting her at all.  And I'm not mad at all.  I just anticipated this book for quite a while.  I bought the book as soon as it was released.  I had it on my Kindle for a few days before starting it.  And here's why:  I was afraid that in my head, I had built this book up to be something so grand and I was afraid the book my fall short of my grandiose expectations.  And maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is Holly Carter's first book.  But, boy, was I ever WRONG!!!  I did not really know what to expect from this book.  While the book synopsis tells you the basis storyline, it doesn't go into great detail.
 
So, I start the book.  I was scared, I'll admit.  In the beginning of the book, it talks about Kat.  She is a mistress at her club.  She's abusive, angry and smart mouthed.  She does not take orders or even follow rules.  She's above it all.  She doesn't just step on toes, she runs over people and doesn't care who is left in the wake.  At first, I didn't know what to think about Kat.  I immediately didn't like her.  She's so mean.  The opposite of me and I couldn't grasp the amount of anger she kept bottled up.  I was surprised how much I didn't like her. 
 
Then she got sent away to be the submissive of Hunter.  She didn't change much at first.  He didn't make punish her like to imagined.  He wasn't as hard and cold as I thought either.  You don't really know where the turning point was in this book.  It's just as though Hunter and Kat just grow together.  It wasn't like a light bulb moment and they realize they love each other and can't be without the other.  It's as if initially they hate each other so much they don't even realize how much they care, until it's too late.
 
I won't ruin the end of the story, because it's a BIG one.  It does end in a cliffhanger, which I assume will continue into the next book.  I'm not sure when the second book is coming out, but I, for one, can not wait until its release, I think it's going to be GREAT!!!!
 
This is a fantastic book.  I could not put it down.  It was happy, sad and everything in between.  Go out, get your copy ASAP.  You won't regret it.
 
Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment