Monday, October 28, 2013

Fixed on You by Laurelin Page


Fixed On You by Laurelin Page
(Fixed #1)
 
Book Synopsis:  Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out—move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan.

But what Alayna didn't figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous—the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it.

Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull. When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an
___________________________________________________________________

My review:  5 stars!!!!

I read reviews on most books before I buy them.  So, this book was no different.  I liked to cover from the very beginning.  It grabbed my attention right away!!  Right?!?!  Who doesn't love this cover?!?!  I mean, it's the epitmoe of sexy!!  I love covers like this.

I started this book with open eyes and an open heart.  I try to give every book the same respect and my undivided attention.  I believe that if the author is going to spend the time to write a book and pur their heart into it, I will at least have the courtsey to devote my time and attention to it and let the book lead me through it.  I try to read during the time of day with the least amount of interruption, e.g. after my daughter is in bed, etc.  I do not like being rushed and I like being able to put the book down at the end of a chapter.  I do not like stopping in the middle of it.  It's actually kind of an OCD thing about me.  I'm one of those, "Just one more chapters, please, " kind of girl!!  (I really like chapter markers in the eBooks.  That way I know how long the chapter will be and if I can get, just one more chapter in.

So, enough about that.  This book sucked me in!!  I loved it from almost the very first page!!  I liked Alayna a lot.  She has a good head on her shoulders.  I love that she is an accomplished woman.  I wish I had gotten my Masters, but I disgress.  She spent the time and money on accomplishing that goal and who wouldn't be proud of her.  She's one of my favorite female characters, for many reasons.  She falls in love too quickly and has a hard time letting go.  (I have a very large heart and tend to give it away, more often than I should, I'm afraid.  I have such a kind heart and I find myself getting hurt sometimes.  I have grown a lot and have learned how to control it.  So, I sympathize with Alayna.  I know what it's like girl!!)  Alayna has learned to control it too, but her way of control is just have meaningless sex with strangers (or out of towners) and while that seems to work for her, I'm afraid it doesn't last.  She sometimes dates the club's manager, which is bad.  Then the club is sold.  To none other than Hudson Pierce . . .

In walks the devastingly handsome, sexy as sin, Hudson.  Alayna has no idea who he is at first.  And she's not very nice to him at first.  Which is kind of funny actually!!  He's rich, he's powerful, he's demanding, and he's got a hidden and dangerous past.  He hurts women for sport.  He makes them fall in love with him and then crush their dreams and hearts!  Alayna does not want to get involved with him because she knows she falls in love fast and she knows that Hudson is dangerous, because she could/does fall in love with him.  What's a girl to do?

No more, I won't give away any more details!!!!  GO GET THIS BOOK.  You will love it.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment