Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stripped by Jasinda Wilder


Stripped by Jasinda Wilder
 
Book Synopsis:  So how did I get myself into this situation, you ask? Simple: desperation. When you're faced with being homeless and hungry or taking off your clothes for money, the choice is easier than you'd imagine. That doesn't make it easy, though. Oh no. I hate it, in fact. There's nothing I'd like more than to quit and never go into another bar again, never hear the techno beat pulsing in my ears again, never feel the lecherous gazes of horny men again.

Then, one day, I meet a man. He's in my club, front and center. He watches me do my routine, and his gaze is full of hunger. Not the kind of desire I'm used to though. It's something different. Something hotter, deeper, and more possessive. I know who he is; of course I do. Everyone knows who Dawson Kellor is. He's People Magazine's Sexiest Man alive. He's the hottest actor in Hollywood. He's the man hand-picked for the role of Rhett Butler in the long-awaited remake of Gone With the Wind.

He's the kind of man who can have any woman in the entire world with a mere crook of his finger. So what's he doing looking at me like he has to have me? And how do I resist him when he looks at me with those intoxicating, changeable, quicksilver eyes?

I'm a virgin, and he's an American icon of male sexuality. I'm a stripper, and he's a man used to getting anything and everything he wants. And he wants me. I know I should say no, I know he's the worst kind of player…but what my mind knows, my body and my heart may not.

And then things get complicated.
_____________________________________________________________________
 
My review:  3 stars!

Okay, so this is a new author for me.  I have purchased a couple of her books before, but haven't read them yet.  I'm kind of addicted to buying Amazon Kindle books, so I buy hundreds (literally) and then read them in no particular order (unless it's a series, which I research and then plan accordingly).  My first impression of Ms. Wilder is not great.  Unfortunately.  I have to say I am disappointed about this book.  It had great reviews and everyone was talking about it coming out and how excited they were.  And I do not like giving bad reviews.  I love almost every single book I read.  And I read a lot!!

Here goes nothing . . . this book was HOT!!  It was what all ladies expect in an adult novel.  It had a sexy guy and a gorgeous girl.  I loved that part of the book.  However, the beginning of the book, the parts about Grey and her family, especially her father, were very slow for me.  Very hard to read.  Maybe I just wasn't expecting so much about her life in Georgia and found it extremely hard to read.

Once Grey gets to LA, the story picks up, significantly . . . and in comes Dawson Kellor.  Sexy movie star with a dark past (don't we all have one of those).  He is hot and is hot to read about.  The story was great with him.

However, the book was almost 70% of the way through and you have no idea how the author could possibly finish the story in 30%.  The way she accomplishes that is . . . she skips large chunks of time, and I mean, large. chunks. of. time.  She fast forwards over a year into the future.  One minute you are reading about present day Grey and Dawson and literally the next (next chapter, in fact), you are reading one year later.  I had to go back, I was like, wait a minute, what happened?  Did I miss a chapter?  Did I fall asleep?  WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?  Then you fast forward a little more and the book ends (I won't tell you the ending, no worries).  I still felt that the story was missing something.  Yeah, it was missing time, literally. 

I was very disappointed with the skipping around .  Other than that, the book was good.  It was definitely hot and I would still recommend it.  Just don't be surprised if you feel shafted with the ending and the missing "pages" and time.  But, I will still keep reading Ms. Wilders' books and hopefully I will love the next one.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment